Re: Lilypond structure / implicit - explicit / with statement

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Lilypond structure / implicit - explicit / with statement
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 12:49:03 +0200

On 05.04.2016 12:42, Simon Albrecht wrote:
On 05.04.2016 11:55, David Kastrup wrote:
That is because many people who get a go at LilyPond (such as me) are
not programmers, but musicians with little background knowledge about
or experience with programming.
Well, you seem to be faring pretty well.

Oh, thank you. All I learnt was through working with LilyPond, and through you folks on the lists :-)

I confused ‘doing well’ and ‘faring well’ here, so the answer should rather have read: “It took me some years of reading (LilyPond and Guile) manuals and following the lists and a lot of trial and error till I got to terms with some of the programming aspects in LilyPond (i.e. mainly Guile).”

Best, Simon