Re: two beginners questions

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: two beginners questions
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 10:19:14 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "mj" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2016 10:10 AM

Hi Phil, list,

On 04/05/2016 05:12 PM, Phil Holmes wrote:

\context { \ChordNames
  \override ChordName #'font-size = #-1
}

to your layout block.

That works, and now I'd like the fret diagrams to be reduced as well. Below is an exerpt from my include file, which works for everything, except for the FretBoard.size:

\layout {
  indent = 0\cm

  \context { \ChordNames
    \override ChordName #'font-size = #-2
  }

  \context { \FretBoards
    \override FretBoards.FretBoard.size = #0.8
  }

  \context { \Score
    \remove "Bar_number_engraver"

Is my logic wrong?

Guessing is always likely to be wrong. The best way to work this kind of question out is by reading the documentation. How to change fretboard sizes is covered in

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/common-notation-for-fretted-strings#fret-diagram-markups

Please have a look and let us know if anything isn't clear.

--
Phil Holmes