Re: AutoBeam Behaving Properly?

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: AutoBeam Behaving Properly?
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 22:11:14 +0200

Hi Kieren,

my naive thinking for a 3/4 measure (or all n/4 measures) was 3 (or n)
groups of length 1/4. So I am a bit reassured by your mail that this is
not completely ignorant.

But of course the beamHalfMeasure is there for a reason and some say,
almost every beaming in a 3/4 measure is allowed as long as it does not
stop in the middle of the measure like it usually does in a 6/8. (Ok
there is a bit more in [1], but what I found for my own education varies
a lot for 3/4 measures).

One more quote from [2]:
> Just to clarify, the Royal Schools of Music Rudiments of Theory book states:
> "The rule is: group together as many notes as make one beat EXCEPT .... if a
> bar of 3/4 ... consists entirely of quavers, then all the notes should be
> grouped together".

(You can see from these lines that I am no expert here, so this is no
voice for any direction - just to make that clear.)

Cheers,
Joram

[1]:
http://www.personal.kent.edu/~sbirch/Common/Encyclopedia/Rudiments/beaming_rules.htm