Re: Lilypond statistics

From: Nathan Ho
Subject: Re: Lilypond statistics
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2016 08:54:03 -0700

On 2016-04-07 21:51, Dave Higgins wrote:
Is there any way to generate statistics for a file?  Things like, let
say, a concordance or the number of a's b's or bes's, or repeated
markup's?  (I know I can do stuff like this with grep, but that's very
singular.)

Try event-listener.ly (http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/saving-music-events-to-a-file). It gives you a "database dump" of all the events in a file. You can either process this output with other programs, or use a custom fork of event-listener.ly that does the statistics for you.

Nathan