error: can't allocate region

From: address@hidden
Subject: error: can't allocate region
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2016 18:00:30 +0200

Hi all,

I’m working on a very large score (about 1200 bar), and now I receive the
following error that’s driving me crazy:

Drawing systems...lilypond(7156,0xa2db5000) malloc: ***
mach_vm_map(size=8388608) failed (error code=3)
*** error: can't allocate region
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
  what():  std::bad_alloc

I tried to isolate the problem and, from a certain bar (at the end) it’s enough
to add a note to receive the error. Before this entry, it’s fine.
I understand that this error should be related to the memory management, but
I’m not able to solve it…

It happens only when I work on the whole score. Isolating a fragment doesn’t
recall it.

Any help very appreciated!!

Cheers

matteo