Re: tie behavior

From: bill wolf
Subject: Re: tie behavior
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2016 12:26:35 -0400 (EDT)

David,

Thank you for your kind and excellent suggestion!  I've been able to use your
suggestions all morning in a larger piano score.  Some applications are best not
universally applied, such as tieWaitForNote.  It provides some added ties in
unpredictable spots.  I added a modification to your original code:

\relative c'' {

  \new Staff \with { \consists "Tie_engraver" tieWaitForNote = ##t }
  <<
    \new Voice \with { \remove "Tie_engraver" }
    { \voiceOne c8 e~ s4 g8 d'~ s4 }
    \new Voice \with { \remove "Tie_engraver" }
    { \voiceTwo <c,_~>4 <c e g>8 e_~
      \override Staff.TieColumn.tie-configuration =
      #'((2.5 . -1) (6.0 . 1)) <e~ g~>4 <e g d'> }

}

This allowed me to tighten up the appearance of the tie between the two g's.

Thanks, again, David!
bill