Re: lilyjazz fonts on Mac / Win

From: Christoph Friedrich
Subject: Re: lilyjazz fonts on Mac / Win
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 01:03:39 +0200

Hello Abraham and Stan

thanks for your replies. I cleared the font cache as it was proposed by Abraham (howto), and i also made use of the options that are given in the font book.app (looking for duplicate fonts, removing non-standard system fonts etc)
It did not help yet. I also had a look to the Finale forum as it was proposed, and it seems there are really some major font problems in the current mac OS. Then I noticed that i have about 240 fonts in my font library (where do they all come from?) and there were another 200 moved automatically to the folder called „fonts_removed“ by the fontbook.app. So for sure i will have to check if i really need all these fonts (I already know don’t) and reduce their number.

Stan pointed out that the lilyJAZZfonts in his system do have a slightly different name. As far as i remember, there was a suggestion here once to rename them from LilyJAZZ* ( version prior to lilypond 2.18.2, by Thorsten Hämmerle) to lilyjazz* (2.18.2 and later, by Abraham). I remember the older version was also installed in my computer once. So this might be a hint where the problem might come from.
If i gonna find a solution, i’ll post it here. Meanwhile i’ll switch to another computer..

Thanks again
Christoph