Re: Coloring volta bracket

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Coloring volta bracket
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 11:10:35 +0200

SpelaK <address@hidden> writes:

> I have some problems coloring volta bracket. Using 2.13.2 version of Lilypond.
> I would like to color all staff objects.

2.13.2?!?  People using the stable version 2.14 version will strongly be
encouraged to upgrade.  But why would anyone use a _developer/unstable_
version from 7 years ago?

If you don't want to upgrade often, use a certified _stable_ version
(though 2.14 would already be ridiculously old).

> -----------------
> If I use this command, it colors everything automatically, except the volta
> bracket:
>
> #(define (override-color-for-all-grobs color)
>   (lambda (context)
>    (let loop ((x all-grob-descriptions))
>     (if (not (null? x))
>      (let ((grob-name (caar x)))
>       (ly:context-pushpop-property context grob-name 'color color)
>        (loop (cdr x)))))))
>

> \applyContext #(override-color-for-all-grobs (x11-color 'blue))
>
> -----------------
> If I use these comands, I do not find the right command for the
> Volta-engraver:
>
>  \override NoteHead #'color = #blue
>  \override Stem #'color = #blue
>  \override Staff.BarLine #'color = #blue
>  \override Staff.TimeSignature #'color = #blue
>  \override Staff.Clef #'color = #blue
>  \override Staff.StaffSymbol #'color = #blue
>  \override Staff.KeySignature #'color = #blue

You'll probably need to specify the context as Timing rather than Staff.
But nobody will be able to give reliable help for a version as old as
that.

--
David Kastrup