Re: Font Problems

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: Font Problems
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 14:40:48 +0200

On 2016-04-11 13:37, Daniel Fütterer wrote:
Hello,

I want to use alternative fonts for my documents, but I have problems
including them. I’m using 2.18.2 with the patch for alternative music
fonts (which all work fine).  [...]

I tried some different fonts, including Charter (worked) and Alegerya
Sans (didn’t work). So I believe it’s the name I have to use, but I
can’t figure out how to get that. The fonts are all installed on my
system (MacBook, El Capitan) as (lots of) otf files.

Hi Daniel,

for Alegreya (Sans), note that you swapped the letters e and r. Then it should work. Those values are not case-sensitive, AFAICS, but quite unforgiving for everything else... Best is to copy-paste from the output of `lilypond -dshow-available-fonts` or `fc-list`, as Andrew already noted. If, however, the font does not show up in that list, you need to refresh the font cache; on Linux, this is done via `fc-cache`, IIRC, on OSX the same command should work.

Cheers,
Alexander