Re: Tuplet number direction

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Tuplet number direction
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 14:06:00 +0100

Thanks Abraham, that's most informative.
Thinking about it, I wonder if I've missed something: is there a way to
say typeset the tuplet bracket like a slur, with the tuplet number
inside?
The reason I ask is that I came to this section of the manual because
when typesetting 18th c. music the tuplets are often accompanied by a
slur which one suspects are merely there to group the tuplet. So I put a
slur and then found the tuplet number (after suppressing the bracket)
was in the wrong direction.
Alternatively, is it possible to set this direction property so that it
is up or down following the same rule as slurs? (e.g. some
#slur::calc-direction procedure to set it to)?

Richard