Re: Tuplet number direction

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Tuplet number direction
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 21:39:03 -0500

On Fri 15 Apr 2016 at 10:23:55 (+0200), David Kastrup wrote:
> "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

Surely only two bars for each triplet, with three instances
(naturally, because three was the whole point of the exercise).
The triplets don't add any complications that aren't present
already, ie if you want add barlines, you will get partial notes
requiring ties all over.

If I were typesetting it myself for amateur performers in church, say,
I'd probably write the triplets out as performed, ie 3 2 3 3 2 3 3 2 3
beats for each note, which ensures the sopranos are back together at
"simul" (excuse the pun, but hey, maybe that was also intended as part
of Josquin's conceit).

Cheers,
David.