can \markup behave like \mark [on a single staff], or attach to TimeSign

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: can \markup behave like \mark [on a single staff], or attach to TimeSignature
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 11:30:37 -0400

Hello all,

I have a score where (e.g.) a 12/8 measure is broken up in different ways depending on the staff (see attached screenshot).

Currently, I’m coding this as a \markup on the first note, and then using #'X-offset to align it to the time signature. But this requires trial-and-error, and the alignment changes slightly almost every time the layout changes.

Is there any way that I can either:

    1. use \mark instead [so that I can use the auto-align features of RehearsalMark], but have it appear only on the Staff it’s added to; or

    2. attach a TextScript directly to the TimeSignature [so that I don’t have to manually tweak the #’X-offset]

??

Thanks in advance for any hints/help,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer