Re: Absfontsize wrong font size in final PDF

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Absfontsize wrong font size in final PDF
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 15:21:25 +0000

On 4/19/16 4:32 AM, "reetpetite" <address@hidden> wrote:

>Dear lilypond-user group,
>
>I am struggling with a font size problem.
>When using abs-fontsize the final pdf font sizes are always a bit smaller
>than the values specified
>

>results in a pdf where the font sizes are
>default : 10.96 pt
>abs-fontsize #16: 15.94 pt
>abs-fontsize #12: 11.95 pt
>abs-fontsize #10: 9.96pt
>
>How can I get Lilypond to produce the exact font size specified with
>abs-fontsize?
>
>Looking forward to your input

I believe this is due to the fact that there are two different point
sizes.  A pdf point is 1/72 inch.  A LaTeX point is 1/72.27 inch.  Thus,
the LaTeX point is slightly smaller than a pdf point.

LilyPond uses LaTeX points as a design decision.  Thus, a 20 point
LilyPond font will be slightly less than 20 pdf points in size.

You can read about LaTeX lengths here:
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX/Lengths

Hope this helps,

Carl