Re: listesso tempo

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: listesso tempo
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 09:59:39 +0200

Greg <address@hidden> writes:

> This is a little simpler:
>
> \version "2.18"
> \relative c' {
>  \time 4/4
>  | c4 c c c
>  \tempo \markup {
>    \fontsize #-1 {
>      \general-align #Y #DOWN \note #"4" #1
>      "="
>      \general-align #Y #DOWN \note #"4" #1
>    }
>  \time 3/4
>  | c c c
>  | c2.
> }
>
> You could not use \general-align but the = would no longer line up with
> the noteheads.

This really irks me: getting notational elements to typeset in markup
currently means putting everything together by hand.

We do have \score inside of markup but it is a heavy-handed solution
requiring iteration of a music expression and hand-removing time
signatures, staff lines, clefs and so on.

We could simplify this process by providing an alternative output
definition that kills all such elements and/or possibly a NullStaff
context definition (where you can, when necessary, add back some output
elements by reverting the \omit statements from the NullStaff
definition).

But I feel that some intermediate layer not requiring iterations at all
(but maybe still supporting Grobs?) might do a better job.

--
David Kastrup