Re: partcombine and tag

From: Gianmaria Lari
Subject: Re: partcombine and tag
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 10:54:59 +0200

Ciao David you wrote:

[...]
\partcombine runs and creates a common score.  Since none of the tags is
removed, the result contains both c4 and c'4.  This is stored in \note.

thank you for you explanation now it is perfectly clear what happens.

I don't remember: doesn't partcombine complain when given parts of
different length?

Apparently no :)

[...]
Basically, you need to use the equivalent of \keepWithTag/\removeWithTag
_before_ running \partcombine.  Afterwards, you only have a combined
list of events without any tags left.

uhm... I don't think this will work for me. I mean, I could rewrite the code so that \keepWithTag or \removeWithTag  runs before \partcombine but I think for this I would be forced to create some multiple variable containing the result of \keepWithTag etc. This is not very practical and in case of many tags it will became difficult to handle, isn't it?

It would be nice if \partcombine were rewritten to run just-in-time.
The current implementation runs it when encountered, however.  Which
means that it also has no access to context properties and other
niceties.

Yes it would be!
Thanks, g.