Re: Multi-measure rests and mark collisions ...

From: Anthonys Lists
Subject: Re: Multi-measure rests and mark collisions ...
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 22:42:18 +0100

On 23/04/2016 12:23, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Hi Wol,

if I use "extra-spacing-width" (which iirc works fine with
multi-measure-rests), as soon as I have another part which actually has
some notes in the first bar of the MMR, that first bar will be the same
width as the markup so that then looks awful
\textLengthOff

?

Hope this helps,
Kieren.

BRILLIANT (but not the way you intended :-)

As far as I can tell, \textLengthOff is the default, but I looked it up in the manual, and found out how to attach a markup to a zero-length note! Just attach it to an empty chord!

So instead of doing "s4\markup s2. s1*7", I can simply do "<>\markup s1*8", and that stops my multi-measure-rests mucking up. (I think I'd found that before ages ago, but forgotten it ...)

I'll need to play a bit more, but that's another niggle fixed ... :-)

Cheers,
Wol