Re: Python 3, was Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.19.0

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Python 3, was Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.19.0
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 11:20:22 +0200

"address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:

> Has anyone considered using the six library? Six has helped me a lot
> in my own Python projects to write code that is compatible with both
> python2 and python3.

Well, as long as we have no one considering doing a gradual
python2/python3 transition, there is not much of a point in considering
a library facilitating it, is there?

So far we only have an offer for a hard and incompatible transition to
Python3-only (and the point of my contributions to that discussion was
just to make it clear how much work that might actually mean), and it is
my completely uninformed guess that a library supposed to help with
maintaining two-way compatible code would not help much for that.

--
David Kastrup