Re: Editing lilypond files with Geany

From: amir
Subject: Re: Editing lilypond files with Geany
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 12:49:48 -0700 (MST)

Hello,

i am trying to configure Geany to use it for Lilypond. I have made this File
: ~/.config/geany/filedefs/filetypes.lilypond.conf with this content:

[styling]
comment=0x808080;0xffffff;false;true

[settings]
# default extension used when saving files
extension=ly

# block comments
comment_open=%{
comment_close=%}
comment_use_indent=false

[build_settings]
# %f will be replaced by the complete filename
# %e will be replaced by the filename without extension
# (use only one of it at one time)
compiler=lilypond "%f"
# it is called linker, but here it is an alternative compiler command
# linker=pdflatex --file-line-error-style "%f"
run_cmd=epdfview "%e.pdf"
run_cmd2=timidity "%e.midi"

which i had copied here from the forum from an answer. I have still no
Syntax colors and can not compile the file with F5. But at the bottom most
part of the window i see : filetype:lilypond.
Can any one help me setting geany up for lilypond?