Re: GUILE error when running lilypond-book

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: GUILE error when running lilypond-book
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 22:12:53 +0200

Matt <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> when running lilypond-book I get the error:
>
> lilypond_test.lytex:16:44: error: GUILE signaled an error for the
> expressionbeginning here
>   \once \override BreathingSign.stencil = #
>       ly:breathing-sign::divisio-maior
> Unbound variable: ly:breathing-sign::divisio-maior
>

> When running the score separately in lilypond I don't get the error. So the
> score seems to be ok, but lilypond-book has issues with it.
>
> It looks like that the macro definition divisioMajor makes issue:
>
> divisioMaior = {
>   \once \override BreathingSign.stencil = #ly:breathing-sign::divisio-maior
>   \once \override BreathingSign.Y-offset = #0
>   \breathe
> }
>

> I'm running lilypond 2.18.2.
>
> Any hints would be appreciated.

Are you using -dsafe ?  That only enables a subset of C++-defined
commands which is rather spotty (to say the least).

Other than that, ly:breathing-sign::divisio-maior should have existed
for eternities, so unless there is some other scoping problem, we'd need
to get more info that this.

--
David Kastrup