Re: Replying to posts

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: Replying to posts
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 14:10:27 +0200

Am 2016-04-27 13:39, schrieb N. Andrew Walsh:

In german we have a saying:
"Leute fresst Scheisse. Millionen Fliegen können nicht irren."

Now I'm going to start an argument about your deplorable capitulation to
the masses by abandoning the venerable "ß".

*goes back to the popcorn*

I can only guess but some years ago I changed my keyboard layout from german qwertz (containing umlauts and ß) to US qwerty because {[]}\|~ are much more easily to reach and LaTeX (which I used often then) has ASCII representations of these characters. Maybe he has similar reasons. Or he is secretly Swiss ;)

(now I use the neo layout but that's somewhat special ...)