Embedding eps over staff lines and music as graphical notation

From: Caio Giovaneti de Barros
Subject: Embedding eps over staff lines and music as graphical notation
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 10:35:30 -0300

How can I insert an EPS file over the staff lines, ignoring collisions?

I want to suggest random notes played from high to low pitches with graphical notation by inserting the attached eps file, linking the first note with the last, in the following snippet. I can't find how to make lilypond ignore the object extent and collisions. Also, by looking at the output I'm getting in Frescobaldi, it seems that even if I do that, the eps image is not transparent.

I'm open to suggestions for alternatives to solve this problem, of course. I just don't want to have to manually insert the graphic in an SVG file after the compilation since it's very annoying to do that every single time I have to recompile due to revisions.

\version "2.19.35"

\relative c''' {
  b32[ -\markup {
    \epsfile #X #25 #"improv.eps"