Re: Embedding eps over staff lines and music as graphical notation

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Embedding eps over staff lines and music as graphical notation
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 23:01:15 +0200

> How can I insert an EPS file over the staff lines, ignoring collisions?
>
> I want to suggest random notes played from high to low pitches with
> graphical notation by inserting the attached eps file, linking the first
> note with the last, in the following snippet. I can't find how to make
> lilypond ignore the object extent and collisions. Also, by looking at the
> output I'm getting in Frescobaldi, it seems that even if I do that, the eps
> image is not transparent.
>
> I'm open to suggestions for alternatives to solve this problem, of course. I
> just don't want to have to manually insert the graphic in an SVG file after
> the compilation since it's very annoying to do that every single time I have
> to recompile due to revisions.
>
> \version "2.19.35"
>
> \relative c''' {
>   b32[ -\markup {
>     \epsfile #X #25 #"improv.eps"
>   }
>   s s s s s s s s s s s s b,,]
> }
>
> Caio

Is the below of some help?

\version "2.19.35"

impMrkp =
 %\tweak staff-padding #'() %% not sure if needed
 \tweak staff-padding #'()
 \tweak outside-staff-priority #'()
 \tweak layer #-30
 \tweak Y-offset #'()
 -\markup { \hspace #3 \vcenter \epsfile #X #25 #"improv.eps" }

\relative c''' {
  \textLengthOn b32[ \impMrkp b,,]

  Harm