Re: Replying to posts

From: mskala
Subject: Re: Replying to posts
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 00:23:43 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 29 Apr 2016, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> > contributors in my local filtering rules, and seriously consider
> > both exiting the list and ceasing to use LilyPond entirely.
>
> Exiting the list I can understand, but ceasing to use?  Tsk, tsk,
> tskĀ :-)

If I were going to only ever use the software all by myself, never upgrade
it, and never need help, then I'd just ignore the list.  But the ability
to get help and participate in a user community is really a feature of the
software and factors into the decision to use it or not.  It'd also be
more along the lines of "last straw" than a *sole* reason to stop using
LilyPond.  My main reason would be the fact that LilyPond evaluates
music into inactive data as soon as it's parsed, which means anything like
a conditional has to be implemented outside the music.

--
Matthew Skala
address@hidden                 People before principles.