Re: Replying to posts

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Replying to posts
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 12:49:18 +0200

Il giorno ven 29 apr 2016 alle 12:20, Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> ha scritto:
I wonder if we should consider
using some forum type software for lilypond matters? The mailing list
has a flat structure, and I have long thought that we ought to have a
separate area for Scheme topics, Guile topics, installation issues,
engraving questions, and so on and so forth. Such sub specialities
which are not of interest to all users could have their own forum
topic area. Not a totally crazy idea. And dear me people could use
Markdown to format HTML posts. The forum could have the forum
guidelines posted permanently as per normal forum software. As to the
standard list question who would do the work, I would be happy to.

If you are thinking about using tools like stackexchange, this has been discussed before several times. See for example:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2014-12/msg00404.html