Fwd: Replying to posts

From: David Linn
Subject: Fwd: Replying to posts
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 17:00:14 +0000

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 11:14 PM Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Werner,

On 29 April 2016 at 14:05, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

>> As far as I know this particular list does not have a list owner,
>> and there are no published rules.
>
> Of course there is a list owner.

Who, may one ask? Why are they taking no interest in this extensive discussion?

Perhaps because the "extensive discussion"  has occurred while my non-working hours are spent preparing to move from one location to another.

For the record:

1) I am not David Kastrup, I am David Linn.  (I do not live in Europe, I live in the southeastern part of the United States of America).

2) I am a dinosaur and find use of HTML, top posting, and gratuitous assumptions about available bandwidth annoying.  I have strong views about appropriate use of mailing lists but choose not to impose them on you.

3) My personal choice of MUA is Heirloom mailx (formerly nail), an enhanced version of the Berkeley mail(1) program.  That said, the list manangement mail for the Lilypond lists goes to Gmail, precisely so that I am able to deal with the ... variety of formats people send to the Lilypond lists.

4) As David K. suggested, the simple way to get to the administrator of a GNU mailing list is to send mail to <mailinglist>-owner.  Further, if you visit http://lists.gnu.org/ and follow the listinfo link, or just look at the footer of every message from both the regular list and the digest list, you'll find