Re: Added ninth chord (symbol)

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Added ninth chord (symbol)
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2016 18:28:01 +0200

> The second is that might lilypond be extended to include ":add9" as one of
> the standard chord formulations that is recognised?

We changed additionalPitchPrefix from "add" to "" some time ago,
because some (rare) chords will have multiples "adds"s. See:

m = {
  %% \notemode is not really needed, it's the default
  \notemode {
    \set additionalPitchPrefix = "add"
    <c' e' g' bes' c'' d'' fis'' a''>
  }
  \chordmode {
    c:1.3.5.7.8.9.11+.13

<<
  \new Staff \m
  \new ChordNames \m

I don't think we're going to change it back.

Otoh, it would be a pretty trivial patch to put simple chords
(minor/major) with added 9 into the exceptions and let them display
the add9.
Though this will _only_ work for the specified chords, I think.
c:1.5.9 will not have the "add9" unless inserted as well into the
exception and what about all the other chords which may get the
"add9"?
There will be no end...

Sorry to be of not more help,
  Harm