Re: Choice of pitch input mode

From: Vaughan McAlley
Subject: Re: Choice of pitch input mode
Date: Tue, 3 May 2016 13:56:49 +1000

On 3 May 2016 at 04:53, David Wright <address@hidden> wrote:
> Perhaps composers don't sweat over individual notes like that and/or
> don't need a decent looking copy in front of them. Some compose at the
> piano, don't they.

When I’m composing, I don’t want to have to deal with anything more
technologically advanced than a pencil sharpener. If I used music
software for composing I’d want instant playback, maybe MIDI-based?

As far as transcribing, I adapted my own version of Finale’s Speedy
Note Entry for note input, so there are rarely problems there. I’m
more fluent reading \relative, so I guess I consider the occasional
octave/duration issue while making small edits the price of being able
to read more fluently.

Vaughan