Some help with music theory

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Some help with music theory
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 13:23:08 +0000

Hi all,

I'm a longtime music novice and lilypond developer (I developed the
FretBoards facility, did much of the figured bass and harp pedals, worked
on beaming, and contributed some documentation).

I have decided I need to learn more music theory, so I found some
information on line[1] and am working through a music theory book.

As I work on this, I'm finding some things that are not well-explained in
the book, but are in the assignments.  I have done some web searching to
find the answers.  I think I'm doing things right, but each site seems to
notate things slightly differently.

Is there anybody who'd be willing (off-list) to review my answers to some
of the assignments and see if they're correct?  Of course, I won't fill
the user list with these assignments, as they are not directly related to
LilyPond.

If you're willing, please let me know.

Thanks,

Carl