Re: problem with Illustrator exported eps using \epsfile

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: problem with Illustrator exported eps using \epsfile
Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 01:14:11 +0200

> Forgive me. The error is:
>

> lilypond/current/scm/stencil.scm:779:26: Wrong type argument in position 1:
> #f
>
> On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 3:23 PM, Simon Albrecht <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 06.05.2016 00:14, Ryan Michael wrote:
>>>
>>> I have the following snippet
>>>
>>> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>>>
>>> <a' e'>2\fermata^\markup{
>>>      \epsfile #X #20 #"recorder_fingering.eps"
>>> }
>>>
>>> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>>>
>>> Where I use an eps file generated from Adobe Illustrator.
>>> Here is the .eps file
>>>
>>> http://www.mediafire.com/download/f3st88sh146vbja/recorder_fingering.eps
>>>

>>> I have had this problem before. I don't know how to solve it.
>>

>> And what _is_ the problem? :-)
>>
>> Best, Simon
>

> --
> ॐ नमः शिवाय

I've no idea what Adobe Illustrator thinks it is doing.
I had a hard time to open it in any text-editor, most of them simply crashed.

Then I opened it with gimp and stored it without any change under a
different name.
Now it works on my machine.

{
  <a' e'>2
  \fermata^\markup{
       \epsfile #X #20 #"recorder_fingering-harm.eps"

  Harm