Re: attachments and digest mode

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: attachments and digest mode
Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 17:26:10 +0000

On 5/6/16 10:05 AM, "David Wright" <address@hidden> wrote:

>> At my configuration page for lilyond-user I select digest mode, MIME.
>> When I do this, the emails in the digest show up as attachments to the
>> digest email, and I must read them in preview mode in Outlook.  If I
>>then
>> open one of the attached digest emails, I can reply to that single
>>email,
>> and all of the attachments work properly.
>
>Is the attached the page in question?

Yes, from that page you enter your email address in the lowest entry box,
and click on "Unsubscribe or edit options".  You will ten get to this page:

https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/options/lilypond-user

>What's lilypond-auto all about?

It's a lilypond list aimed at developers; it tracks the progress of
patches through the review process.

>> list.  BTW, MIME mode is what GNU recommends.
>
>Where?

On the options page: https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/options/lilypond-user

One of the options has the following text:

Get MIME or Plain Text Digests?

Your mail reader may or may not support MIME digests. In general MIME
digests are preferred, but if you have a problem reading them, select
plain text digests.

Hope this helps,

Carl