Re: Some help with music theory

From: Wols Lists
Subject: Re: Some help with music theory
Date: Sat, 7 May 2016 12:21:12 +0100

On 05/05/16 23:22, Carl Sorensen wrote:
> Thanks to all who replied.  I have several people who have volunteered to
> answer my questions.  I'll probably pass them around to different people
> so nobody gets too much work.
>
> Thanks for being part of a great community!
>
> Carl

Some more resources you might find useful ...

http://gb.abrsm.org/en/home
http://shop.abrsm.org/shop/

Just as a guide, Grade 5 theory is a mandatory pre-requisite for any
practical exams beyond grade 5, and Grade 8 qualifies you to teach that
instrument.

I took grade 5 because I had two grade 5 practicals and wanted to go
higher (my teacher left and I never did), but being me, I thought "if
I've got to do grade 5, I'll do grade 6", and I did very well ...)

(Remember to add 50% to convert £ to $, but at £10 for a workbook,
that's not bad value ... and I think the £4 past exam papers are
probably three per book)

Cheers,
Wol