Re: Figured Bass Tweaks

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Figured Bass Tweaks
Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 12:09:48 +0200

Hi Sam,

How about:

\version "2.19.40"

line = {
  c'1 |
  d' |
}

figs = \figuremode {
  < 7 >2 <\markup\concat {( \tiny\number "6" ) } > |
  < 5_3 > < \markup\tiny\number\transparent "5" _3 > |
}

\score {
  <<
    \new Staff \line
    \new FiguredBass \figs

Pierre

Hi all,

Attached, I show my solutions for two figured bass tweaks: first, a parenthesized (not bracketed) figure; and second, a lone integer on the "lower line."

The work-arounds are good enough for now, I'm just curious if anyone has any better ideas, or if I missed an obvious solution in the manual; I'd appreciate any comments anyone would be willing to offer.

Thanks,

Sam