Re: \keepWithTag #'A {\keepWithTag #'B \music}

From: Gianmaria Lari
Subject: Re: \keepWithTag #'A {\keepWithTag #'B \music}
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 22:49:32 +0200

Dear David you wrote:

[separating midi/layout]
> I had wondered whether writing such things as "M" in the score would
> make the midi sound bad, but T (H. S. Teoh) effectively answered that
> question with some of his/her own examples. [...]

Yes, the "M" markup would not be a problem: midi output is not
affected by this. But as Teoh explains midi and layout sometimes need
to be a bit "fixed".

For example in the standard bass accordion notation the chords in the
score are not written using the chord name nor specifying all the
chord notes. The notation is just to write the root note in a specific
position of the staff. On the other hand the midi output of this
single note have to be a chords. That's why I need to separate the
midi output from the screen output.

Thanks again for you help David!!
g.