Re: Read the Manuals

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: Read the Manuals
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 08:37:30 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 3:42 AM, Peter Gentry [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have been "using" Lilypond for a few years and must report that I have at last read the Introductory manual in detail.

It certainly cleared up a few dark corners of my knowledge and recommed its study to all, even if you think you know what you are doing.

Here here!

This is one thing I have never regretted doing--going completely through the Learning, Notation, and Snippets manuals. For me, it was less about remembering the specifics of how to do everything described in them as it was remembering that there was a place that SHOWED me how to do those things. That, occasionally browsing through the LSR, and trying out all the suggestions put forward by the good users of this list. Soooooo helpful! My thanks to everyone!!!

Best,
Abraham

P.S. The INDEX is indispensible (look in bottom left corner of the docs browser window)!!!