Re: Placing a section name at the start of a staff

From: Anthonys Lists
Subject: Re: Placing a section name at the start of a staff
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 21:01:17 +0100

On 10/05/2016 17:45, Stephen MacNeil wrote:
>>Thank you very much. It's close, but will need a little tweaking. Your example is right-justified against the left margin, whereas I want it >>starting at the left margin, and pushing the staff to the right

remove indent

\paper {

%indent = 0

%left-margin = 15

}

does that work?

I tried that ... the text moved to the right, but not enough. I suspect removing the indent re-installed the standard indent, and the text is justified flush with that, but I need to add a bigger indent to make room.

>>The other glitch is the inter-score spacing seems to be slightly larger than the intersystem spacing - I'm trying to tell by eye and it's >>difficult to be sure - but if it's hard to tell then I should be able to live with it :-)

If I understand it's probably because the instrument name takes lager space, so make it smaller? But I am not exactly sure that's what you mean.

What I meant was I suspect the space between scores is greater than the space between staffs. I need to investigate. It's bed time for me now (silly o'clock start for work tomorrow) so I can't play with it now, but I've got plenty of leads to keep me going, thanks. I'm probably going to try shortInstrumentName for the subsequent texts to try and keep everything in one \score, but if that doesn't work I think multiple scores will work fine.

Thanks very much,
Wol