Re: \RemoveEmptyStaves + 8 part polyphony

From: Dirk Koopman
Subject: Re: \RemoveEmptyStaves + 8 part polyphony
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 01:20:56 +0100

On 11/05/16 01:07, Dirk Koopman wrote:
On 11/05/16 00:38, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Hi Dirk,

Is there any way of controlling which part of a score has \RemoveEmptyStaves active and which not?
showMMRs = {
   \set Staff.keepAliveInterfaces =
     #'( rhythmic-grob-interface
         multi-measure-rest-interface
         lyric-interface
         stanza-number-interface
         percent-repeat-interface) }

hideMMRs = \unset Staff.keepAliveInterfaces

Hope this helps!

Hmm...

Close but no cigar. Each of my stave in 2nd choir look like this:

\new Staff <<

    \new Voice="v8" {

        \set Staff.instrumentName = "Bass 2"

        \set Staff.shortInstrumentName = "B2"

        \clef "bass"

        \key f \major

        \numericTimeSignature\time 4/2

        \BtwoKone \break      % 1st kyrie notes

        \BtwoC \break         % christe notes

        \showMMRs \BtwoKtwo   % 2nd Kyrie notes

    }

    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "v8" {

        \TextBtwo

    }

The Christe is just a lot of R1*n followed by a \bar "||" |. What happens is that the 2nd Kyrie is now set correctly, but the empty 2nd choir part of the Christe now also appears. I am guessing that I have to put the \showMMRs somewhere else?

Dirk

And as if by magic removing all four \showMMRs makes it format as I want it. So it appears that just defining those functions makes it work. Which is a worry.

Dirk