Re: MagnifyStaff Bug?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: MagnifyStaff Bug?
Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 19:15:58 +0200

> I’m trying to typeset a very simple piano and violin arrangement and while
> doing the piano part I wanted to have the violin staff «cue sized» as a
> reference to the pianist. I used \magnifyStaff and while it works wonders,
> it gives me this at the end of each system:
>
> http://i.imgur.com/6UNkJkA.png
>
> This is weird. Any idea why this happens? Is there perhaps a better way of
> doing this?

What are all those instances of "this" about?
I _guess_ you mean the double-bar-line. I hate guessing, though.
Which version do you use?
Please give us a compilable example!

> \score {
>     <<
>       \new Staff \with {
>         \magnifyStaff #5/7
>         instrumentName = #"Violin "
>         shortInstrumentName = #"Vln. "
>       }
>       {
>         <<\melody \violinDynamics \repeatBars>>
>       }
>
>       \new PianoStaff  \with {
>         instrumentName = #"Piano "
>         shortInstrumentName = #"Pno. "
>       }
>       <<
>         \new Staff = "Right" <<\pianoNotesRight \repeatBars>>
>         \new Dynamics = "Dynamics" \pianoDynamics
>         \new Staff = "Left" <<\pianoNotesLeft \repeatBars>>
>       >>
>     >>
>   }

Anyway, \magnifyStaff _does_ affect the BarLine. Because it's
explicitely coded, I think it's intended.
Maybe
http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=862
is more what you want.

Cheers,