Re: MagnifyStaff Bug?

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: MagnifyStaff Bug?
Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 21:47:53 +0200

Hello Carl,

Am 15-May-2016 21:20:59 +0200 schrieb address@hidden:
>Those lines at the end of the system should be perfect in line with the ends of the staff, should they not?

it’s a known issue that alignment of barlines can be difficult in such cases. I think we have a tracker issue, and it’s a non-trivial question how such barlines should be aligned by default.

>PS.
>After that speech about not giving a compatible example -which is not at all relevant in regard to this question, it is a simple see and confirm my suspicions or not- I think it is quite a >arrogant way to address the problem.

If you had only asked ‘Do you agree that this looks bad?’, then this would be a valid point. But, naturally, you also asked if somebody knew a way to do it better. And unless I know the answer straightaway and can just type some code in my reply (which doesn’t happen most of the time), I need to go to Frescobaldi and fiddle around with the code, in order to check out some approaches. I tried, and at first compilation got numerous errors due to undefined variables.
So I’d have had to clean it up and code an example myself, which is something you could just as well have done as a courtesy to the volunteers who like to help you on this list. There is a reason why we have this policy of posting compilable, tiny examples.

Best, Simon