Re: Page Break in Lilypond-book

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Page Break in Lilypond-book
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 18:29:18 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alberto Simões" <address@hidden>
To: "lilypond" <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2016 3:34 PM
Subject: Page Break in Lilypond-book

Hi

It seems that \pageBreak is not honored by Lilypond.
I found an old post [1] that seems to state that it is needed to enclose each portion in a different \book block (?).

Can anybody confirm? Or explain the better way to force page break from within a .ly file, to happen in the lilypond-book tex file?

Thank you
Alberto

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2005-05/msg00105.html

In non lilypond-book mode, you can force Lily so that she only obeys manual breaks with:

\override NonMusicalPaperColumn #'page-break-permission = ##f

(this probably works with the newer dot syntax, but it's like this in my source).

I believe lilypond-book effectively produces a number of single system images, so it's not Lily herself that established page breaks in this case.

--
Phil Holmes