Re: What is the correct way(TM) to set a Rezitationston?

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: What is the correct way(TM) to set a Rezitationston?
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 21:01:55 +1000

Hi Rudi,

This seems very interesting to me. What period is this notation from? I myself
have never seen it before. Do you have further examples? Is it important for
your purposes to have the solid line? There are many forms of notation for
chant and psalmody and so on that use such simple notation as a single whole
note or breve for the recitation note, and there are many other forms, such as
a double whole note. Can you use these forms? If not, this would be a
fascinating lilypond programming exercise. But there are many liturgical users
on this list – I am sure they may be able to help.

Andrew