Re: Whitespace in LilyPond source files

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Whitespace in LilyPond source files
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 20:03:54 +1000

Hi Werner,

On 18 May 2016 at 13:49, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> Please file a feature request in our bug database.  I believe it
> should be rather straightforward to extend the set of allowed
> whitespace in lilypond's lexer.

A very easy thing to do in the code I am sure. But why do it? This
means that for every whitespace lexeme in a source file a lexer has to
do 8 or 9 or 10 comparisons for spaces, probably more if you make a
full list of all the Unicode space objects. In large files, the slow
down in compile time would probably be measurable. What other
languages allow this?

Can the OP not filter the HTML source code through tr or perl to
produce conforming source?

Andrew