Re: Troubleshooting installing dev version of lilypond on ubuntu

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Troubleshooting installing dev version of lilypond on ubuntu
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 18:30:58 +0200

Il giorno mer 18 mag 2016 alle 18:31, Paul <address@hidden> ha scritto:
I wonder, is this the usual way/location to install a dev version alongside a stable version on GNU/Linux? Might be nice to have this documented somewhere. (Or maybe I'm just a newbie with this.)

I think that this is up to the user and the distro in use.
In Fedora any user has two additional paths predefined:

$ cat ~/.bash_profile | grep PATH
PATH=$PATH:$HOME/.local/bin:$HOME/bin

I like keeping the development versions in ~/.local/bin, while the last stable stays in /usr/local.

There are some tips in the CG:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/concurrent-stable-and-development-versions