Re: Guitar harmonics indicators

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Guitar harmonics indicators
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 13:44:16 +0200

Hi Andrew,
Yes it is.
Try something like:

{
 <c''!\5>2^\markup
 %% optional:
 %\small
 \center-column{
   %% optional:
   %\italic
   "XII"
   %% optional:
   %\fontsize #-4 \circle\number "5"

Pierre

Not being a guitar player, I am out of my area here, hence my question. Referring to the attached sample image, my composer uses a circled numeral to indicate the string number, with superscript roman numerals to indicate the fret on that string to play for a harmonic. Is this standard for fretted instruments? Has anybody got a function written already that does this? I was unable to find anything the same as this in the NR or LSR.

Andrew