Re: Switching the direction of slurs in tupletBracketToSlur (from Re: Un

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Switching the direction of slurs in tupletBracketToSlur (from Re: Unknown marking in Roman print (1710))
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 15:27:55 +0100

On Mon, 2016-05-23 at 10:13 +0200, Simon Albrecht wrote:
> On 22.05.2016 23:29, Richard Shann wrote:
> > I wonder did my email "Switching
> > the direction of slurs in tupletBracketToSlur" get overlooked or is
> > there no way that a direction can be set to be the opposite to the stems
> > and beams direction?
>
> Certainly it hasn’t been overlooked, and there is a way to do it.

Spurred on by your confidence that it can be done I dug into it

#(define (invert-direction x) (if (eq? UP (ly:tuplet-bracket::calc-direction
x)) DOWN UP))
\override TupletBracket.direction = #invert-direction

seems to do the trick. If anyone knows of a problem with this code,
please say, otherwise could it be a simpler replacement for

http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Snippet?id=860

which seems to be trying to achieve the same thing?

Richard