Re: OT: high-precision tuner app

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: OT: high-precision tuner app
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 10:43:02 -0400

Hi Michael,

> but how do those gifted with perfect pitch cope with all this?

First off, I wouldn’t exactly call it a “gift”: it’s actually quite irritating
at times. For example, it is essentially impossible for me to play a piece on
an electronic piano with the “Transpose” button engaged.

As to your precise question… For me, the difference between “Baroque pitch(es)”
and “modern pitch(es)” are small enough that I can either just adjust my ear
for the duration of the performance, or imagine a key signature one semi-tone
up or down to compensate for the visual conflict(s).

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info