Re: slur corehack

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: slur corehack
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 14:56:48 +0000

On 5/24/16 5:41 PM, "Flaming Hakama by Elaine" <address@hidden>
wrote:

>Thanks for the help.
>
>I'm glad that the right way to do this is reasonably straightforward,
>this example code provided by Simon:
>
>\layout {
>  \context {
>    \Voice
>    \override Slur.height-limit = 5.6
>  }
>}

I think you can get a slightly more gentle fix by

\override Slur.details.free-head-distance = 1.5

I find this to be a better override to get more curvature in the slurs.

>How about something like:
>Modifying ties and slursTies, Slurs, PhrasingSlurs,
>LaissezVibrerTies and RepeatTies are all drawn as
>third-order Bézier curves.  If the shape of the tie or slur which
>is calculated automatically is not optimum, the shape may be
>modified manually in three ways:

I've just prepared a patch that implements your recommendations, although
in a slightly different way.  I've split the section to two different
sections -- Automatically modifying ties and slurs and Manually modifying
ties and slurs.

I have not listed the properties that can be changed, because by
documentation policy we don't list such items in the Notation Reference.
If we want to have more of a tutorial on how to adjust the properties, it
belongs in the learning manual.

You can see the proposed documentation by downloading pdf pages from the
following link:

http://www.filedropper.com/modifyingcurves

I'd welcome feedback.

Thanks,