Re: footnote counter

From: Paul
Subject: Re: footnote counter
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 16:55:42 -0400

Hi Jeffrey,

I did a search on the source code and found: lily/footnote-engraver.cc (along with several test files) so I would look there.  I would as assume that it contains the function you're looking for.  (I've found that searching the source code is usually a good way to find things like this.)

FWIW, the way I would approach this would probably be to write a custom footnote engraver in scheme that does what you want.  In user-land you could remove LilyPond's footnote engraver and "consist" your own scheme engraver in its place.  The LSR has examples of custom scheme engravers.

That probably raises more questions than it answers, but hopefully it helps point you in the right direction.

Cheers,
-Paul