Re: Spare SSD anybody?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Spare SSD anybody?
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2016 11:07:57 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> my current development SSD, graciously donated by James, currently has
> the following readings:
>
> Vendor Specific SMART Attributes with Thresholds:
> ID# ATTRIBUTE_NAME          FLAG     VALUE WORST THRESH TYPE      UPDATED
> WHEN_FAILED RAW_VALUE
>   5 Reallocated_Sector_Ct   0x0033   099   099   ---    Pre-fail  Always
>  -       13
>   9 Power_On_Hours          0x0032   094   094   ---    Old_age   Always
>  -       25748

Ok, I might have been panicking because of all the lines with "Pre-fail"
and "Old_age" but they only indicate the _category_ of the respective
settings.  Sorry for that.

I'm still trying to figure out the readings as such though.  The
"documentation" including online is not much help.

--
David Kastrup