Re: keyboard graphic

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: keyboard graphic
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 15:44:51 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Tisdall" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2016 3:14 PM
Subject: keyboard graphic

I need to display small graphics of a piano keyboard with selected
notes indicated by color.

It will be used similarly as the guitar fret diagrams and actually
in conjunction with them (and with standard and tablature notation,
and explanatory comments) as guitarists examine chord voicings.

I've found a few things but thought I'd ask here if some lilypond user
has developed such a graphic in the system.  Or, an expert advice on
where to begin to develop one myself within lilypond, would be most
appreciated.

My wish list is parameters for range, width/height, and pressed keys;
labels under the pressed keys would be a nice plus.

Thanks,
Jim

Attached is a piano-key version, which is nowhere near as cleverly automatic as I remember David's version being, but may give you some further pointers about how this can be done.

(I used this at college when I had to play the marimba, xylophone or glockenspiel.)

--
Phil Holmes