Re: Harmonic notehead style

From: Paul
Subject: Re: Harmonic notehead style
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 10:03:30 -0400

On 06/01/2016 10:03 AM, Andrew Bernard wrote:
Thanks so much for this. That has given me the impetus and understanding to code my solution.

Glad to help.
In your context you are using an engraver, so you simply omit the notehead styles such as harmonic. In my case, I am overriding the notehead stencil to draw my own custom shapes, and so what I do now is to check when the style is ‘harmonic and provide my own drawing routine for that, rather than omitting it. This is really perfect, because the whole point of my custom override is to generate a very particular look and feel for my composer’s noteheads, and other stylistic appearance considerations.

Sounds good!  Just to clarify (in case anyone is reading that closely)... this custom engraver doesn't "omit" the harmonic noteheads, but rather leaves them unchanged.  They are drawn with the default harmonic note head stencil.  (Maybe that's what you meant?)

Cheers,
-Paul